Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Weather in the Highlands in May

Hey there!

I was thinking of making a road trip to the Highlands, but I'm wondering how the weather might turn out. Last time I went to Scotland I had incredible wather up to 30°, but that wasn't in May...
Still, back here in Germany it's quiet warm right now. Mornings are still a bit colder but during the day it gets really warm. Is Scotland also affected by this warm spring? Or would I encounter low temperatures?

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Salva,
    Scotland can be really pleasant in May. The crowds are still small and the temperatures can be quite nice but not anything like 30°. It can, however, be in the 20s. You should make sure that you pack lots of thin layers like the Scots do. I live in Pitlochry and we have lots of German speaking guests stay with us. The town has had some lovely days over the past week averaging around 15° but feeling like 20°. The real spring has not yet sprung! :wink:
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • URIURI Member
     Fishpro, I will be going last week of May first of June, beggining our mtb tour very close to Pitlochry , do you think we will be Ok with midges at that time ??
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    @URI, i have never encountered midges in Pitlochry! Maybe if you are in the woods they might be there.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • URIURI Member
    Good  :) :)