Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Favourite walks in Scotland

FunkyEllas_TravelFunkyEllas_Travel VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭

i have been exploring parts of Scotland on two feet for the past few months. I've always love the Fife Coastal Path which stretches from Kincardine Bridge in the south to Tay Bridge in the north. I've also been walking quite a bit in Perthshire. I really enjoyed The Hermitage and the Birks of Aberfeldy. What are your favourite walks for beginners in Scotland?

Nicola Holland
Scottish Travel writer/blogger.
Ask me anything about Scotland including eating and drinking, travelling with the family, history, the cities and the countryside.
You can follow me here
Blog|Twitter|Facebook| Instagram
Tagged:

Comments

• TheChaoticScotTheChaoticScot VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    South Queensferry to Cramond Brig (or vice versa) is a crackin' walk and it's all flat (woo hoo!). 

Bridges, white sand beaches, woodland, historic houses and views across to the Kingdom of Fife. Magic!

Follow my adventures on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram 

Have a wee nosey at my blog  

Former tour guide and current blether. Edinburgh girl whose <3 is in the Scottish Islands. Talk to me about scenic walks, photography, places to eat, public transport, exciting adventures and history  :)
  • NatbeesFashionNatbeesFashion VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭
    @FunkyEllas_Travel There are so many walks that I enjoy however my two most favourites are:

Climbing up Mither Tap and walking from Portsoy village to Sandend beach-I think this is a MUST for anyone who loves stunning views and the combination of mountain and beaches!

Top of Mither Tap!

Mde it to Sandend beach!
    Follow my trip around Scotland here  :)
    Also ask me any questions on Instagram or Twitter if you are visiting Aberdeen anytime soon and you need recommendations. 
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    The cliff path from Arbroath to Auchmithie 4 miles away - an easy but spectacular 2 hour walk with the possibility of a fantastic lunch at the But 'n' Ben then either walk or bus back to town.  My favourite local walk :)