Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Gin Tours

A relaxation of laws has allowed the explosion of small craft gin distillers in Scotland over the last few years.  Many offer tours and sampling. I was recently at Eden Mill outside St Andrews and really enjoyed the tour which was great value - the £10 entrance included 4 generous gins with different mixers! Hoping to try a few other local ones such as Kingsbarns, Lindores and Gin Bothy soon. Any other suggestions from other parts of the country? 

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Edinburgh is the obvious one, just under Ghillie Dhu (and the only one in my list that has varietals, the others just produce the base product but at exceptionally high quality). Isle of Harris distillery does a tour which has gin samplings (their gin is one of the very best in the country) but they'll eventually be a whisky producer. In a similar vein, Briuchladdich on Islay is a whisky distillery but the Botanist is such an excellent gin brand that they keep healthy stocks (and samples) in distillery.
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside)