Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Dundee

Dundee! The City of Discovery! 

I'd recommend this ever-changing city to anyone in 2018. The new V&A Dundee is going to be incredible when it opens in September and it's right next door to Discovery Point where you can climb aboard the RSS Discovery Ship <3 

Great selection of shops and plenty of places to eat and drink too. I'd also recommend a walk along the waterfront and marvel at the Tay Rail Bridge. 

Can you tell i like sunrises & sunsets?!

What's your favourite thing to do in Dundee? 

Comments

• FurrybootsCityFurrybootsCity Member ✭✭
    Cracking set of photos!!!

Walking along the Riverside is one of my favourite activities in the city. The reflections and colours you get on the River Tay and landscape and just superb! Indeed, the sunrises and sunsets over the river are immense. Picture postcard views! 

I really appreciate the growing number of independent businesses starting-up in the city too. The Bach which is now opposite the McManus Galleries is a brilliant cafe (although I need to pay a visit in this new location).

So much to see and do and lots of new ideas and ventures starting up in the city. Exciting times! 

Dundee has a VisitScotland iCentre in City Square with the Box Office so any visitors or prospective visitors to the city-do get in touch with them or drop in for some useful tips for the region!

I am super enthusiastic for the future of the region and excellent partnerships between Angus, Fife and Perth and Kinross is a great thing too. 

Great OP and I am excited to inspire others to visit the area and only see positive things for the future of the city and region! Exciting times! :smile:
  • KathrynAndersonKathrynAnderson Member
    edited August 6
    Dundee is definitely a must visit.  Its ever changing landscape is something to behold and cannot wait for the V&A to open.  There are so many small businesses opening up too with incredible eateries.  My favourite though has to be Food Anarchy in the Perth Road.  Opposite Duncan of Jordanstone.  Funky interior with street art and amazing affordable food.  Menu changes regularly and cannot sing their praises enough.  Great wee shops around the West End of Dundee too.  Do not just stick to the centre.  So much to see and do outwith the central hub.  Dundee walking tours also meet outside Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design so grab some great food and then walk it off by learning some of Dundee's history.  
  • ArtravelistArtravelist Member ✭✭
    Stunning photos @johnmurrayjnr

Much like everyone else I can't wait for the V&A to open. I like looking around at the old architecture of Dundee as well as the new. Also Dundee Contemporary Arts has interesting exhibitions, a great cinema programme and cafe bar.

be an artravelist with me at artravelist.com