Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Traveling from Fort William to London

Hi All

This is my first post to the group. 

We're Aussie travelers who will be spending only a few days in Scotland in June 2018, sadly.  We've already booked our train travel from Edinburgh to Fort William, but not sure if we should travel all the way back from Fort William to London by train, mainly due to the apparent cost.  Currently tix are available for more than 300 pounds for two, which is a bit pricey for us.

So I'm asking for your advice as to the best options.  Do we sit tight and await for a reduction in the ticket price for the train from F William to London?  Or should we start thinking about an alternative, such as traveling back to Glasgow by train, then on to London by plane?  If we fly, we'd still need to get ourselves from Glasgow Queen Street to the airport, then from Stansted to central London, so I'm a bit reluctant to make the journey more complicated than it needs to be).

All advice and suggestions would be very welcome.