Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Your Favourite 'Snowment' This Winter!

VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
We have been blessed with snow day after snow day...after snow day this winter in Scotland.  We have had a lot more than our fair share over the past couple of months as the snow has lined the rolling hills and beautiful cities of our country.

I'm sure that you will all have pictures of the snow from different parts of Scotland, so my question is...what has been your favourite 'Snowment' this winter??

Was it when the Kelpies were seen sporting this winter look?

How about when these skiers took on the Nevis Range with the Saltire in the foreground?

How about this one?  Two Huskies sitting, majestically staring into the distance over the Cairngorms National Park!  (my fave ;))

Another strong contender is this one, taken also in the Cairngorms National Park.  It showcases how beautiful Scotland is lined with snow, the sunset makes everything seem even more magical.

Share YOUR favourite Snowment from this winter and show us your pictures!  We would love to see them!

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    @visitscotlandliam I love snow.  It’s never lost the appeal of childhood for me.  I’ve had a few great snowments this winter but my all out favourite was last weekend in Scotland’s highest village, Wanlockhead.  It’s one of my favourite wee villages and I’ve seen it in all weather but snow - tick. :-)

The sheep huddling in the trees looked like I’d stumbled into a painting, and having to wipe thick snow off the sign to photograph it was a first.  Plus my wee boy is an absolute snow dog, he adores it, so it was great seeing him so happy. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Ooooo snow many moments this winter. 

We visited the Cairngorm Reindeer centre before Christmas and it was magical.

This was taken just after new year when we walked up Birnam Hill, Perthshire. Cracking day to be out in the snow and sunshine
     This was taken from Cairngorm mountain. One minute we couldn't see the end of our noses and the next it looked like this! 
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Loving these pics guys, I'm a snow fiend! Unfortunately the only photos I have of the snow this year are of me being an absolute muppet so won't be sharing any of my own haha.

@Lochgmarcp @eilidh__cameron do you two have any goodies to share?
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
  • eilidh__cameroneilidh__cameron VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, had quite a few snow moments this winter which has been awesome! 

This is was my favourite, I went for a walk in Kilmartin and stumbled across this beautiful old abandoned cottage. 

There's been quite a few snowy days in the Glen, this was another one from last weekend at the standing stones. 

I also couldn't resist a day up Glencoe at the beginning of winter which didn't disappoint. 

This was the Glen Etive road, not chance of driving down that day however! It was pure ice. 

Hopefully they'll be a few more snow days before winters out! ❄️
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Some stunning photos there @eilidh__cameron
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

• FunkyEllas_TravelFunkyEllas_Travel VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    We had some gorgeous snowscapes in Fife last week. Also got stuck for a few days indoors but hey ho. 
    Nicola Holland
    Scottish Travel writer/blogger.
    Ask me anything about Scotland including eating and drinking, travelling with the family, history, the cities and the countryside.
    You can follow me here
    Blog|Twitter|Facebook| Instagram
  • johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr Member ✭✭✭
    Okay there's not actually snow in this pic but i can assure you there was snow all around me  :D 

Sometimes a snow storm can result in some awesome viewing down the harbour