Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Timing and car/ train transportation

We are arriving in Scotland,Glasgow, 1st trip,l. I plan to transfer from airport to Glasgow center and stay 2 nights, then train over to Edinburgh for 3 nights . Afterwards use similar transport as I did from Glasgow airport to center, to Edinburgh airport to rent a car and then tour for remainder of our days, approx 8. 3 questions. What recommendations for transport to and from airports? Is there a pass to buy to use public transportation while in Glasgow and Edinburgh and if yes, can it be used to travel from Glasgow to Edinburgh? Final question, I plan to stay somewhere about 1 hour or less away from Glasgow, returning from area of Isle of Skye side of Scotland, so we can drop off car at airport before we depart around 2 pm. Can anyone help with recommendations re transport or suggestions if my ideas are not good. Thanks for any help

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I know that it's quite easy to get to and from Edinburgh Airport via the Airlink bus and the Tram.  There are also car rental facilities at Edinburgh airport.  Click here to look at tickets for Edinburgh Buses and here to browse tickets for Glasgow buses.  These tickets can't be used to travel between cities but you can board a CityLink 900 bus between them.

You could stay in Stirling on your way back from Skye but you may be better to stay in Edinburgh before returning the car at the airport.

Let me know if this helps!