Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Love James Bond? Take a tour of the famous movie locations

Try not to get too shaken or stirred by this. But James Bond has his roots right here in Scotland. From his old school in Edinburgh, to Glencoe, home of Skyfall.

Have you visited any of the Bond locations? We'd love to see your pictures! 

The name’s Scotland. Bonnie Scotland.

Comments

• travelswithakilttravelswithakilt VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    I don't have any personal photos of it but From Russia With Love was filmed briefly near Lochgoilhead in Argyll. The helicopter scene with Connery getting a chasing. Classic stuff.

Scotland travel blogger and writer with a wee bit of photography and video thrown in. Love nothing more than exploring my home country and have a particular leaning towards the outdoors, history and our national drink.

You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Tumblr.
  • travelswithakilttravelswithakilt VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    And Eilean Donan's never a bad thing to look at on a Tuesday morning either. Appeared in The World Is Not Enough back in the Brosnan times.

Scotland travel blogger and writer with a wee bit of photography and video thrown in. Love nothing more than exploring my home country and have a particular leaning towards the outdoors, history and our national drink.

You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Tumblr.
  • VisitScotlandJohnVisitScotlandJohn Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    In The Spy Who Loved Me, (Roger Moore, Barbara Bach, 'Jaws', and Carly Simon singing 'Nobody Does It Better'), Bond can be briefly found taking a helicopter to the Faslane Naval Base in Argyll
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭
    [Deleted Content]
  • VisitScotlandNikkiVisitScotlandNikki Administrator, VisitScotland Staff
    You've all done a pretty good job of spotting them all!

Check out our suggestions on James Bond and Skyfall locations for details on Bond's Scottish heritage as well as the time Scotland became Turkey in From Russia with Love!
  • Kirst1709Kirst1709 Member ✭✭
    The speed boat chase in From Russia with Love was also filmed in Crinan, Argyll. 
  • shetlanddebbieshetlanddebbie Member ✭✭
    I used to regularly visit Glen Coe with my family so I was very pleased to see it's beautiful scenery used as a backdrop to Skyfall.
  • WinnieWinnie Member ✭✭
    I recently cycled the Glen Etive/Loch Etive road (Skyfall) and spotted this little 007 landmark . .