Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

3 full Day tour 22/6 from Edinburgh

Please can anyone help me to organise a 3 day tour Scotland? Being our first time and there is so much to see - I'm having problems as the country is so vast
 We are arriving in Edinburgh and are hiring a car to tour around. We would like to tour for 2 full days and maybe spend the last night near Edinburgh, that way we can see it on the last day.
Can anyone suggest good places to stay?
I would very much appreciate any help and thanks in advance. 

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hey @caroline123 what kind of things do you want to see on your road trip?
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • jesusrock7jesusrock7 Member
    3 days doesn't give you much time to venture far from Edinburgh, but there's still great things to see and do in the area.
  • caroline123caroline123 Member
    Hi thanks for your reply
    we want to visit falls and villages, maybe do Loch Lomond and surrounding areas  Maybe try to visit a castle on the way. 
    Please can you recommend anywhere?
  • HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    @caroline123 I have 3 recommendations for you
    1. Killin (home to the falls of Dochart, VisitScotland page): Located at the edge of the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs NP. Beautiful village with super views of the falls from many angles. Castle on the way: Duone castle.
    2. Luss (on the banks of Loch Lomond, near Falls of Falloch): The most beautiful village in Scotland IMO. Sharing one of my shots from the village below. Castle on the way: Balloch Castle and Linlithgow Palace (actually this is near enough that you should make a stop here no matter what you choose). My notes on Luss 

3. Dunkeld (on the banks of the river Tay, near the Hermitage falls): My favourite falls on this list. Castle nearbyCastle Menzies in Aberfeldy (also visit the birks). My shot from the Hermitage below and my relevant Perthshire trip notes here and here.

Hope this is close to what you were looking for. If you have any specific needs that are not met in these recommendations, I am happy to hear them and come up with some more.
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside)