Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Best place to stay in Skye to access multiple photo sites

Planning a photo trip to the Isle of Skye in early June. Interested in sunrise/sunset photos at Doodle Door, Blackchurch Rock, Fairy Pools, Kilt Rock, Quiraing, Old Man of Storr and Neist Point.
Is there one place I can stay to access these quickly and easily or am I looking at booking multiple places close to each?

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Both Durdle door and Blackchurch Rock are not on Skye but in England whereas the others i.e. Fairy Pools, Kilt Rock, Quiraing, Old Man of Storr and Neist Point are on the island. If your trip is to Isle of Skye, you can easily cover these 5 spots within an hour of driving from Portree, the main town on Skye (also my recommendation on where to stay). If you want to camp in a scenic location, I cannot recommend Sligachan and Glenbrittle campsites enough. But book your accommodation ASAP to avoid disappointment, Skye is super busy during the summer (including campsites if you have a car). Fairy Glen is also a nice spot to photograph.

If you don't have a car, you can take a daytrip with one of the local tour guides. Skye Scenic Tours has my personal recommendation, I've taken them 4 times. They can also do a bespoke day tour as a private hire. Public transport does exist to Kilt Rock and the Old Man of Storr but it is not very frequent.

Hope this helps, happy to answer follow-ups.
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside)