Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Hello!

We (my wife and I) are new to the group and would like to introduce ourselves. We are from Michigan, and we will be visiting Scotland for 12 days in June: 5 nights in Dornoch, 3 nights in Fort William, 2 in St. Andrews and 2 in Edinburgh. We have lodging all set in all but Edinburgh (B&Bs).  So far, we are pony trekking, sea kayaking, hiking, taking the Jacobite, and, of course sampling whiskey!  I also may play a round or two. We are also thinking about a day trip to the Orkneys. Yes, we are renting a car. I have been to Scotland twice on golfing adventures, but this is the first visit for my wife. Suggestions on what not to miss are welcomed!
Cheers!

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @Tomcm53 Welcome to the Community!  I hopwe you have a brilliant time, looks like a packed itinerary you have!

You have to visit Glencoe!  And if you're going to St. Andrews you cannot miss the home of golf.  Gleneagles is a beautiful golfing resort too.
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.