Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Feb? a good time or not to visit Scotland?

where is best to visit in Scotland to see the best scenery and do some nice hiking?

Comments

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    @paul_bennett2018 There’s no such thing as a bad time to visit Scotland in my opinion.  Some of my favourite ever trips have been during the winter months.  We’re even lucky enough to enjoy some bright crisp days which are great for walking in.  

The Trossachs would be good at this time of year. Lots of great hiking trails and hills without having to risk life and limb on Scotland’s more inhospitable winter hills.  Just make sure you have lots of layers, good footwear and waterproof clothing too and a bit of snow and ice won’t bother you. 

East Lothian is also great in winter. There are lots of nice long beach walks to enjoy and also a few modest hills with outstanding views.  North Berwick Law and Traprain Law are particularly enjoyable. 

If you check my blog you’ll find a few that cover Loch Lomond, The Trossachs and East Lothian.  www.theweewhitedug.com

Wherever you end up you’ll have a ball. 

The photo below was taken on a brilliant snowy hill walk near the village of Strathyre. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    I'm with @Samantha_Grant on this, there really isn't a bad time to visit Scotland. We have had some brilliant adventures this winter including reindeer experiences with Cairngorm Reindeer Centre

I offer the same advice about proper kit etc for walks too. 

Have a great time,whatever you decide to do. 

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube