Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Could you help complete a questionnaire on Scottish Tourism for college research? Thank you!

Hi Everyone,
                     I am currently a student studying HNC Travel and Tourism. As part of my course, I must research a topic and produce findings. My chosen topic is "What is the appeal of Scotland to tourists from other countries”. My aim is to produce research on the appeal that tourists have for Scotland when visiting from other countries. If you could answer the following questions it would be greatly appreciated!

1. How long have you been active on the VisitScotland website?

2. What do you find are the most commonly visited tourist destinations around Scotland?

3. Why do you think they are as popular as they are?

4. What were previously popular destinations and why do you think so?

5. What do you find tourists like/dislike most about Scotland?

6. What type of tourist do you think is most likely to visit Scotland?

7. When did Scotland first become popular for tourism?

8. How many people travel to Scotland annually on average?

9. What do you think people’s goals are for visiting Scotland?

10.What sort of amenities, accommodation, attractions and transportation are people most likely to be interested in using when visiting Scotland?

11.What countries do you find are similar in comparison to Scotland in terms of tourism?

12.What areas do you think Scotland are reinventing themselves in order to bring in more tourist?