Have you ever visited Surgeons’ Hall Museums? I can't believe we've lived in Edinburgh for over 10 years and have only just discovered how incredible this place is.
Learn about the rather gruesome history of surgery and find comfort in the fact that dentistry has come a long way. Sit in on a virtual anatomy class, learn about who inspired Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock and see the pocketbook made from William Burke's skin. © Surgeons’ Hall Museums
The Bell Collection is bizarre with 3,000 specimens on display in glass jars, it's a pretty spectacular collection - if it wasn't so clinically clean it would make the perfect setting for a horror film.
We'll be back for another visit soon:https://museum.rcsed.ac.uk/
- Surgeons' Hall Museums are open seven days a week, from 10am-5pm
- Last admission is at 4.30pm,
although we do recommend a minimum of one hour for your visit.
- The recommended age for visiting the Museums is 10+. Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adults - £6.50
- Concessionary Rates - £4
- Students with valid ID - £4
- NHS staff with valid ID - £4
- under 16's and over 60's - £4
- Under 5s - Free