Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

touring sites along Loch Doon

Hi there, i'm just starting to plan our family touring holiday to Scotland next Easter. We will be there for up to 10 days in a rented motor home and our first stop will be Loch Doon near to the Dark Sky Observatory.  Can anyone recommend a decent touring site nearby or is the free touring site along the Loch ok to stop overnight?  I would also prefer electric hook up but appreciate that this may not be available at the Loch!  From there we are thinking of heading over to the Isle of Arran so any tips for that location would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!, Brendan

Comments

• VisitScotlandSarahWVisitScotlandSarahW Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @funkyfazza. I've done a wee bit of searching; there is a touring campsite nearby owned by the Loch Doon Caravan club. It has 22 visitor pitches, all with electric hook ups. You will find this website all about Ayrshire very useful; there is a nice little section all about Loch Doon.

My parents retired down to Castle Douglas nearly 10 years ago now and despite passing Loch Doon I've never stopped there; I'm going to make the effort now to visit!

I hope this helps and enjoy your holiday!  :)