Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

The Clackmannanshire Tower Trail

We would like to draw your attention to the fantastic Clackmannanshire Tower Trail. We recently toured this trail, which includes three towers (Alloa, Clackmannan and Sauchie), a manor house (Menstrie) and a castle with a spectacular view (Castle Campbell). A great little road trip that only took an afternoon to do.

Check out the links to our blog post on our day on the trail, as well as the Clackmannanshire Council's helpful tower trail webpage. 

https://www.tailormadeitineraries.com/single-post/2017/09/30/Clackmannanshire-Tower-Trail---words-only-so-far 

http://www.clacks.gov.uk/visiting/towertrail/

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    Can you share some pictures from your trip please? I think Clackmannanshire is a very underrated part of Scotland, it's beautiful location on the Ochil foothills and access to some of the best beer in Scotland is reason enough for me. Here's a pic of the town of Alva that I quite like. Here's details on my trip to Alva, do not miss the Harviestoun Brewery.

We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)
  • Hi @Horizons, couldn't agree with you more about Clackmannanshire, it is so beautiful and well worth a deviation from the usual tourist trails. Hope you enjoyed our blog post. Thanks for the link to your post on Alva. I had totally forgotten that Harviestoun (my favourite brewery) was in the area. A great reason to go back!

As requested, here are some lovely photos of our time in Clackmannanshire...