Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

have wind turbines ruined dumfries and galloway?

i havnt been to scotland for 20 years. my memories are of an unspoilt and tranquil beauty. from oban to skye, the scenery was stunning. i am planning a trip to kirkcudbright, wickerman and that.  but, i am worried that the wind turbine blight, and that is what they are, may ruin the holiday. i live on dartmoor. should i visit and if so where do i avoid? i want to connect with scotland again, i really do.

Tagged:

Answers

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited November 2
    Hi @dartmoor_hillbilly01 welcome to the community! 

I'm sure you would have a lovely time exploring Scotland again after 20 years away! I would recommend checking this site which has a map of all the turbines in Scotland, to help you decide what areas you'd most enjoy visiting. 

I've had a wee look myself and Kirkcudbright doesn't have any turbines currently. 

Do let us know how you get on with your trip planning and if you need any tips please feel free to ask as our community members are always happy to help people with trip planning!

Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram