Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

New Year

i am traveling with my family adults and children and would very much like to see the fireworks at New Years I am being told that children are not welcome at this time and I should stay in hotel our hotel is not in the area so it seems a shame to actually travel for new year and not get to see the fireworks.
is their a restaurant we could book and see the fireworks, or where can you recommend we go to se the fireworks after dinner.  Are all streets closed off for children?

Answers

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited October 26
    Hello @Tanya

If it is the NY fireworks in Edinburgh, it is the street party and concert which is ticketed and not accessible for children and that takes place only on the main streets of the city centre and Princes Street Gardens. 

You can get tickets for Ceilidh Under the Castle, which allows children. Perhaps take the children to the event called Bairns Afore which allows children and families to enjoy fireworks in a family-friendly environment and time frame the night before NYE.

You can get a great view of the fireworks from Inverleith Park - many families will go there to see the fireworks. Also Calton Hill is the perfect spot and right in the city centre. Any clear view of the castle will allow a good vantage point for you and your family to view the fireworks.

You can find out more about the Hogmanay events and book tickets at 
    https://www.edinburghshogmanay.com/whats-on