Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Edinburgh Zoo Giant Chinese Lanterns

VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
This winter Edinburgh Zoo will host a spectacular one-mile-long illuminated lantern display.

Over 450 animal-themed lanterns will light up the zoo from December 1st 2017 until February 25th 2018. Time slots run between 4.30  and 9.30 pm. The Giant Lanterns of China event will also host a Chinese marketplace which includes hot food and drink stalls, performers and traditional hand-crafted gifts.

Find out more and book your tickets at

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    I was lucky enough to have been invited for the opening night and it is incredible. 

Advice for anyone planning on going - make sure your phone battery or camera is fully charged! 

You can read about my experience over on my blog

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

• Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I attended with @FullStopNextChapter and LOVED it too.  Beautiful event, and so different to anything I’ve seen before.  Other than the lack of a wee Scottish dug lantern it was perfect. :D

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I went last Sunday and loved it - thoroughly recommend it. There is a show at the end too with very talented artists. Time is running out - last day 25th February. I think as the days are getting longer, it is better to go at 6pm or later. You can find a discounted tickets online if you want to save a little money.
    Here are a few of my pictures: