Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

solo trip to scotland with doggy

hi lovely people ok i am really hopeing you can help me iam looking for advice (a trip planner would be lovely lol) so iam wanting to go to scotland for a holiday i have been before but only to aberdeen as had friends who lived there i have always been with other half and he has always done the driving so we could get around anyway due to changing circumstances i now find myself going solo the problem i have is i do not drive myself (was never a problem before as my other half did it all so we were able to visit lots of places) we also took our dog with us which iam still wanting to do sadly i can no longer stay with friends so would need to find accomadation that was dog friendly also food wise being able to sort meals (do not fancy cooking lol) either near by or somewhere that allows dogs i dont want to sit in all the time obviously and want to go out n explore different places and be able to take my dog with me so basicly i need to sort getting around, accomadation and food all that allow dogs lol i have looked into travel but is very hit n miss as to allowing animals i thought about tours but again my dog after doing a bit of research on fb i came across eilean donan castle up by the isle of skye iv never been to this area and it seems fantastic just what im looking for the castle has a website and says they do have a cottage and apartments on site next to the castle that small well behaved dogs are allowed to stay at so hopefully accomadation is sorted they also have an eating place but dogs can not be left alone in cottage so would have to take him with me and not sure he is allowed in it so so far i have maybe managed to sort two things hopefully lol have worked out how to get there as i live in ashford kent on train fairly easy (train journey dous not worry me much as have traveled before there by train (although never with dog lol) any advice would be extrememly appreciated as iam desperate for another holiday there i love it so much my second home iam thinking of going summer time next year july august time maybe many many thxs in advance  

Comments