Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Promoting Scotland abroad

Good morning community,

I've signed up to see if anyone can help or offer advice. My sister lives in Kuala Lumpur & is an active member of the St Andrews Society there. She's been invited to an event to help promote Scotland and has contacted Visit Scotland to see if they can help in any way. She tells me she's been passed from pillar to post and is disappointed in the response. I'm hoping some of you may have some pointers as to how to proceed as its always good to encourage & promote our country and its wonderful offerings.

Many thanks in advance 

Leanne

Comments

• HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    Hey @Leanne1812, did your sister get any resources on what she can use to promote Scotland. There's a few videos out there that showcase the insane beauty of this country. Using a lot of info on the VisitScotland website and media, a nice presentation could be constructed.

I myself had no idea about the real gems of this country before I travelled across it. If I were to make a presentation about Scotland, I'd start with what most people know about Scotland (Edinburgh, Loch Ness, Stirling) and then flip over to all the places that are magnificent but not very well known (Skye though it is super famous now, Staffa, Harris, Orkney, Aberdeenshire).

I am making a presentation of this sort for my work colleagues in Edinburgh that I need to present a few months from now. Hope your sister's presentation goes well!
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (incl: SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban)
  • Leanne1812Leanne1812 Member
    Thank you so much, I'll pass this on to my sister.
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Leanne1812 please do feel free to send me a private message on here with any further information about what your sister has in mind and I'll speak to my colleagues and see if there's anything we can do to help!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram