Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Introduction: Hello :-)

Hi everyone! 

I just signed up and thought I'd introduce myself to everyone. My name is Jonathan and I'm 28 years old. I'm currently working in research and development for thermal analysis in Germany. However, I would really love to move to Scotland someday which is why I have signed up here, hoping there are a few Scots that could help answer some of my questions. 

I'm looking forward to talking to everyone here. It's a lovely forum!

x
Tagged:

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @jonathan Hi!  Thanks for joining the community!  I'm sure you'll learn a lot about Scotland here!  Fire away with any questions you want answered! :)
  • VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @jonathan
    Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the community! We'll try and answer your questions as much as we can  :D
  • jonathanjonathan Member
    edited October 6
    Thank you so much! Is either of you living in Scotland currently?
  • VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @jonathan Yes!  We both are!
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    Hi  :0)  I'm hoping to cycle from lands End to john O Groats next year and looking for advice on best time to plan my trip, I'm worried about midges and want to avoid being eaten alive as I expect to be leaving a large carbon dioxide trail in my wake with all those hills so they will be able to spot me a mile off! any advice on this or other tips for a newbie in you Land thanks in advance Bee
  • ebeneckeebenecke Member
    edited October 30
    Hi! I just returned from an all too short visit to Scotland and dedicated to going back.  Although a small country in size, it is incredibly full of history and scenery that warrants many more trips.  Loved every minute I was there.  I have been trying to find the proper place to make a recommendation for a wonderful driver we had from Culloden to Aviemore.  His name is James MacNeil, with Inverness Taxi.  We took a spur of the moment departure from our group tour, booked James separately and not only was he prompt, but knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating, and reasonable fees.  If you find yourself in that part of Scotland without your own car, I highly  recommend him.  James MacNeil www.invernesstaxis.co.uk