Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Aberdeenshire

FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
If you are planning a trip to Aberdeenshire you might want to check out my blog post with some suggestions. 

Dramatic coastline, castles, history, museums, coastal walks and great fish suppers. 

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube

Comments

• Loved the blog post Melanie. Aberdeenshire is such a beautiful and interesting part of the world. 
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Ahhhh thank you @tailoritineraries_1. I totally agree, the east coast in general is very pretty
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • ScathachScathach Member ✭✭
    Don't forget to venture out towards Deeside. It's a short hop on the bus and you'll be rewarded with some amazing views. Ballater is a lovely highland village with loads of charm.

Also, you can venture north and explore the coast. In Peterhead you can visit a Prison museum for example - very fascinating! If you head north you can find some great coastal villageslike Cullen, Portsoy...

It's definitely a great place to visit.
    And yes, I am biased because I live in this area :smiley:
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely love Aberdeenshire - one of my favourite parts of Scotland and until now under appreciated I’d say.  I hope the NE250 will show people just how fabulous it is.  Although if it gets overly popular I may just regret getting my wish.

The pretty wee villages like Pennan, Crovie and Fordyce are picture perfect spots.
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    We actually came back from this trip via Ballater @Scathach because I wanted to stop at Vat O Burn. We also did the walk around the loch. Very pretty. 

We refuelled in Ballater with coffee and cake. 

I'm super excited about the NE250 @Samantha_Grant. I feel another road trip coming on! 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
      We've doing it at the end of March in a VW Camper Van - can't wait. 
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors.