Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

What's your favourite Scottish gin?

VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
edited September 27 in Eating and drinking
Fun fact: 70% of the gin made in the UK is produced in Scotland! With the craft gin scene expanding as rapidly as it is we are pretty spoiled for choice! Read more about the craft gin scene over at Scottish Gin Distilleries and Tastings, and make sure you cast your vote below! 

What's your favourite Scottish gin? 15 votes

Hendricks
0%
Isle of Harris Gin
33%
FullStopNextChapterEdinBloggerKatIreneGSammylou14 5 votes
Daffy's Gin
6%
Jeremy 1 vote
Edinburgh Gin
6%
VisitScotlandKim 1 vote
The Botanist
0%
Pickering's
6%
VisitScotlandAmanda 1 vote
Caorunn
6%
VisitScotlandSarahW 1 vote
NB Gin
0%
Eden Mill
6%
VisitScotlandLiam 1 vote
Other (tell us about it in the comments!)
33%
Samantha_GrantVisitScotlandAlisonParsmanShmjoUistCoast 5 votes
Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
Instagram
Tagged:

Comments

• JeremyJeremy Member ✭✭
    Daffy's Gin

There are so many good gins on this list! I just need to try Eden Mill and Isle of Harris

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Isle of Harris Gin
    I was torn between Harris gin and Caorunn (but voted for Harris). 

I have three fave's in my pantry - Harris gin, Caorunn and Orkney Johnsmas gin. All very different. 
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • VisitScotlandPatriciaVisitScotlandPatricia Member, Moderator
    I like Edinburgh Gin--and they do nice tours as well.
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Rock Rose for me but it's a close run thing. Jura gin is amazing as is The Botanist, Harris and too many others for me to name. Scottish gin is the finest out there. 
    I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• ParsmanParsman Member ✭✭
    Porter's Gin from Aberdeen has a good reputation and may be worth a taste.
  • IreneGIreneG Member ✭✭
    Isle of Harris Gin
    I am a bit of a Gin lover ! Harris .Gin is one of my favourites , However the design of the bottle is something to behold ! My next favourite is Wild Island Gin  (WIG for short )from Colonsay the Gin has a unique flavour and is well worth tasting again this bottle is unique with colours representing the botanicals in this .Gin . Another one on my lGin list is Lussa Gin from Jura and this is one for the ladies ---well that's my view ! Again it is made with Island botanicals from Jura and it is also infused with rose petals This Gin is made by  three ladies on Ardlussa estate on the North of the Island   A gorgeous Gin ! And is made in very small batches . My next one which is new this year is from the Isle of Tiree and the Gin is called Tyree Gin note the spelling !a little bit of history to this spelling .  It is made with a unique kelp found in the sea off Tiree This is also a great wee Gin. NB Gin is another superb Gin made to a London Dry recipe it is GOOD and is made North Berwick East Lothian . The Botanist was the first Scottish Gin I tasted years ago , I find it quite intense it's all the botanicals ! The distillery near Port Charlotte Islay started Gin  tours this year and you make your own cocktails as part of the tour . I was over in .May this year and did the .Gin tour and the cocktail making was fun ! If you come to Scotland on Holiday try some Gins ! Slainte ! 

• VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I love Persie Distillery's zesty citrus gin.  It's from Glenshee and comes in very pretty bottles too!
    www.persiedistillery.com  
  • ShmjoShmjo Member
    Rock rose is my favourite,  but I'm  also partial to a wee  blackwoods or a Glen Wyvis 
  • KatKat Member ✭✭
    Isle of Harris Gin
    Voted for Harris but there are at least three others that tick the box for me. 
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Isle of Harris Gin
    I have recently discovered a new gin from Orkney - Seaglass, made by the Deerness Distillery. They also make vodka. 
    I visited the distillery during my trip and they have some great plans for growing their own botanical ingredients on site and having a cosy tasting area. 

Needless to say, a bottle made it back home with me.

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • UistCoastUistCoast Member
    Tiree Gin is a MUST try! Top of my list now, replaced Harris as my previous favorite.