Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Hello!A little help please?

Hello everyone!
My name is Dani and I'm an Italian student.I've always loved Scotland and I really want to get closer to your country and your traditions,and this is partly why I'm writing to you right now.I'm graduating in March 2018 and I want to talk about Scotland in my thesis,in particular I want to analyse how Gaelic is used today,how much it is used,when,where and why.So here comes my question:
is any of you interested in talking a bit with me about it?Thank you very much anyway and I really want to tell you,once again,how much I love your country!Thank you!

Answers

• VisitScotlandSarahWVisitScotlandSarahW Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Dani. Unfortunately, I don't speak any Gaelic or have in depth knowledge about the subject. Have a look on our VisitScotland website though, there is a small section on the Gaelic language.

Perhaps you might want to contact the Stornoway iCentre on the Isle of Lewis or the Portree  iCentre on the Isle of Skye to see if they can help you.

I hope this helps as a starting point. Good luck  :)