Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines
and learn how to use the Community
Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?
Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.
5 reasons to visit a farmer's market or shop
- Pick up seasonal produce and eat what’s best and available right now!
- Get tips from the producers on how to get the most of your produce, from storing to tasty recipes.
- Try something new and find something you’ve never sampled before.
- Support local businesses by buying directly from the producers.
- Keep food miles low and help minimise the carbon footprint.
Check out our 5 suggestions on farmers' markets and farm shops
- what's your favourite market? What's the tastiest thing you bought there?