Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

115 year old color pictures by Charles Clement Guthrie

I have discovered my grandfathers color glass plate slide collection that he took around 1910. A number of them were taken around Scotland, but I have virtually no identification. I was hoping that by posting here, I might discover a few more details about his travels. I am also happy to share the raw pictures for anyone interested. The collection also includes pictures from India, California, and potentially China.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154673108546046.1073741831.670581045&type=1&l=c123ff585f

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hey @BGuthrie, I'm afraid I don't have any clue on where these pics could have been taken but they are stunning!  Hopefully someone can help you out and identify the locations of them!