Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Tips on things to do in Aviemore and the surrounding area!

ellisoconnorellisoconnor VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
Hello all! 

I have an upcoming trip with Visit Scotland to Aviemore and the beautiful surrounding area!
I will have 3 nights in the area staying at the Hilton with 4 full days and I'm just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some local tips and some advice on what to do and see while I'm there? 

I've spent time in Aviemore before only for a day though so I'm really excited to get out and about and see as much of the area as possible! Any advice would be much appreciated!

To keep up to date with my journey with Visit Scotland on my trip to Aviemore follow along on my social media where I'll be posting stories and up to date tales of what I'll be getting up to. 

Thanks everyone in advance! 
Ps keep an eye out for my post here on this page in the future where I'll be sharing lots of photos and stories about what I got up to on the trip. 

Ellis :) 

Ellis O'Connor

www.ellisoconnor.com

www.ellisoconnor.wordpress.com 

https://www.instagram.com/ellisoconnor/

https://twitter.com/ellisoconnor1

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hey @ellisoconnor!  A trip to the Cairngorm Brewery always goes down a treat!  Also a couple of smashing chippys on the main street!
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    There are a few ideas over on my blog in this post about a weekend we spent in Aviemore back in April.

There is a VisitScotland iCentre on Aviemore high street for some local knowledge on places to eat, trails to walk and cycle etc. 

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6
    Hi @ellisoconnor ;the Green Lochan is a must if you've not see it yet - it's stunning.  It's a short easy flat hike or a short rocky steep hike from the reindeer centre in the Glenmore Forest Park.  

The Loch an Eilein curcuit at Rothiemurchus is a pretty walk too which passes Loch an Eilein Castle sitting in the water.   

In Aviemore escape from the hustle and bustle and climb Craigellachie Hill. Access is via an underpass near the youth hostel. The hill is where signal fires were lit to rally the Clan Grant.  Stand Fast Craig Elachie is the clan's rallying cry.

You're right on the doorstep of whisky country too so a wee distillery tour or two maybe?  

It's a wonderful area with lots to see and do.

Enjoy

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors. 

• Hi @ellisoconnor , great article but I’m curious why you think Loch Morlich is Scotland’s only freshwater Loch. There’s thousands of them! Or is there something I’m missing... it wouldn’t be the first time!