Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Edinburgh International Festival - Bloom

EdinBloggerEdinBlogger VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
Last year, The Edinburgh International Festival's Deep Time created an even bigger spectacle of the castle with the aid of some incredible projections and the music of Mogwai.

This opening event welcomed the world to Edinburgh and set the bar extremely high for this year's opening event, Bloom

The Edinburgh International Festival was originally set up to "provide a platform for the flowering of the human spirit" in the wake of the Second World War. 

Bloom would take centre stage in St Andrew Square, with the buildings acting as the backdrop. A 20-minute film playing tribute to key moments in the festival was projected with crystal clarity over the buildings around the square. This spectacle was on loop until midnight, we stayed to see it three times! 

We managed to take a few snaps with some fairly steady hands, we only wish we'd brought a tripod! 

Bloom lived up to our high expectations following on from last year's opening event, we can't wait to see what's in store for 2018!

Did you attend Bloom? We'd love to see some of your photos from the event.

Gary Wood - Blogger at EdinBraw - The Best of Edinburgh
Passionate about Edinburgh's food and festival scene and slowly starting to explore Scotland. 
Find me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook

Comments

• ArtravelistArtravelist Member ✭✭
    It was a great event and very well done. Congratulations on getting some good photos without a tripod. I didn't get much on the night - no tripod and only a camera phone. But it was wonderful to just stand and watch and take it all in.

Come along and be an artravelist with me at artravelist.com