Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Your Favourite Scottish Bridges

VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
edited August 17 in General Discussion

The opening of the Queensferry Crossing is looming on the 30th of August but there are loads of beautiful bridges in Scotland!  It’s hard to pick between them all but here is 3 of my favourite Scottish bridges.

Abbey Bridge End or Jedburgh Abbey Bridge will always hold a special place in my heart.  My parents used to take my brother, sister and I when we were young and spent many happy memories there skimming stones in the stream!  It’s a brilliant day out on a warm summer’s day with an ice cream in hand!

Forth Bridge, I’ve always admired this bridge and see it as a real landmark in Edinburgh.  I remember the first time I went over it in the train when I was young and thought that the train tracks went over the humps on the bridge!  I was disappointed when I found out it went straight through the middle.

Kessock Bridge is another favourite of mine, I’ve crossed it many times whilst travelling up north and the views of the water and Inverness are spectacular, especially at night!

Your Favourite Scottish Bridges 22 votes

Abbey Bridge End
4%
VisitScotlandLiam 1 vote
Forth Rail Bridge
40%
MightyAtomKTVisitScotlandKimNeil1988johnmurrayjnrVisitScotlandAmandaAJBruceERgbOB1Did_ye_aye 9 votes
Kessock Bridge
4%
spoots 1 vote
Queensferry Crossing
0%
Glenfinnan Viaduct
31%
LauraScottieDollJemyjackcairneyAmylouwrightBindertechOliviaMay 7 votes
Brig o'Doon
4%
VisitScotlandMarina 1 vote
Clyde Bridge