Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Edinburgh Festival 2017 - Share your tips, tricks and insider info!

VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

Every August the city of Edinburgh transforms into a festival lovers dream. From the theatre, music and opera performances of the International Festival, to the circus, cabaret, comedy and spoken word of the Fringe, there's something for everyone!

Use this thread as the place to share your tips and tricks throughout the month. Whether it's your favourite performer, the best food truck or the cheapest gin you can find at one of the many food trucks around the city, if you've got tips to share we want to hear them!

I'll be heading along to the Bloom opening event this weekend and will be back with more tips to share next week!
Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
Instagram

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I always make sure that I go to see Jason Byrne, he's a hilarious Irish comedian and his shows are brilliant!
  • MeikeVKMeikeVK Member, Administrator
    Best show I saw last year and I see that it's on the menu again for 2017: https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/lemons-lemons-lemons-lemons-lemons 

Subtle, hilarious and thought provoking + last time there was a gin truck parked right next to the shows entrance. 
  • VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I also went to go and see the theater adaptation of Trainspotting last year which was fantastic, definitely recommend!
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I saw Urzila Carlson on Monday night and can definitely recommend :)

Foodwise my favourite find so far is the dumpling truck in the Assembly gardens. x5 dumplings for £3!

Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    So far my favourite experiences have been:

1.  Wereldband: Slapstick from The Netherlands. So much fun and some very talented musicians and performers. If it looks like the kind of show you would like, then you'll love it!

2. Bratwurst sausage stall at the corner of George Square and Charles Street. My lavishly-furnished sausage was getting some admiring looks from hungry festival-goers. Someone shouted at me: "I want that, where did you get that sausage?"

3. A cafe stall called Covfefe...  :D

• JemyJemy Member ✭✭
    I have seen Nazeem Hussain two years in a row and he was great both times. Can't recommend him enough.

I've seen Ursula Carlson as well and she is worth seeing too.

Both commedians plug each other so if you like one you will probably like the other.