Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Gin anyone?

ailsaailsa Member ✭✭

If you’re a fan of gin (like I am!), Scotland is the place to be. You might not know it, but there are over 50 producers of gins thoughout Scotland from Dumfries and Galloway to Shetland. You might have heard of some (Hendricks or Eden Mill anyone?) but I bet that there are loads you’ve never tried yet. I haven’t, and I’m taking it as a challenge! :P

A few of my current favourites are Edinburgh Gin (their elderflower gin is to die for) and Pickerings (based at the brilliant Summerhall in Edinburgh). I also loved visiting the Isle of Harris distillery in Tarbert and sampling their delicious gin. And there are new distilleries opening all the time, the newest one I can think of is Crafty Distillery, opening soon near Newton Stewart!

5pm just created this brilliant gin map of Scotland, so I’ll be using that to start ticking some off my list ;)

Do you have a favourite Scottish gin? Or which gins are on your list to try next?

Tagged:

Comments