Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Has anyone done the nc500

looking to go camping along this route sites and wild camp if allowed if anyone has done this any help would be nice thanks you 

Answers

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Kimbo
    Have you searched on the community about the North Coast 500? There have been many comments made under different threads. Not really sure about wild camping along NC 500 but the rule in Scotland is that you can wild camp anywhere as long as you leave the place spotless. So if you fancy stopping anywhere at the end of the day, please do. If it's obvious that it's someone's land, it's polite to ask if you can camp there. 
    The North of Scotland is amazing and attracts many more tourists since the creation of the NC500. Happy holidays!!  :D
  • HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    I know only 1 fact, there are grounds in Shieldaig & Torridon meant for camping (may be an honesty box system with a nominal fee). Also please note that wild camping refers to walkers in tents, the outdoor access code mentioned above is only valid for those with a non-motorized means of transport. This blogpost seems like a nice explanation for do's & dont's for motorized access.
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside fest)