Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Planning my next trip

So I just got back from two weeks in Scotland and I am already planning my next trip. I was able to spend several days in Glasgow, a couple of days driving to Skye and seeing a few things there, over to Aberfeldy, up to Inverness and ending in Edinburgh. While I loved everything I did, the highlight was my time on Skye. I did not have time to do everything I wanted to on Skye so I definitely intend to include more time on my next trip. In fact, I want to take two weeks to island hop. I do intent to get to Shetland on that trip as well. Anyone have an itinerary for island hopping I might consider?

Comments

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @LouA
    Please have a look at the itineraries on our website - I think they may help with planning your trip.
    https://www.visitscotland.com/search-results?freesearch=island+hopping+itinerary&freesearch-go=Submit
    I also loved my time on Skye last year in September!! The Trotternish area was the best for me (also lucky to get a really sunny day that day) - Dunvegan Castle gardens are also amazing, I didn't visit the castle unfortunately as my husband didn't fancy doing it :D
    I have never island hopped but it sounds a really good idea and I'd love to try it one day!! Please have a look at Calmac Hopscotch tickets and also at Northlink Ferries. You can fly to Shetland from Edinburgh or Glasgow but then you would need to hire a car. Please get in touch with Lerwick iCentre, they will really be able to help with you island hopping questions. 
    Have a fab time when you next come to Scotland!! :)  
  • LouALouA Member ✭✭
    Thanks Muriel. Great information. I started on your site and can see great things about all of the islands. Just need to figure out what I can actually accomplish in two weeks. I worked with Inverness Tours on my last trip and I'm hoping they can help me out with some of this but I'll check out the other ideas you mentioned here too.