Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Great opportunity in Glasgow

LouALouA Member ✭✭
During a recent visit, I signed up for a Dramble Tour. I wanted to learn about whisky so the Dramble Tour sounded perfect. A 5 hour walking tour that visited 5 different pubs with a specific whisky scheduled for each put. Between pub visits, you would learn about the history and architecture of Glasgow. On my scheduled tour, I was the only one on the tour and it was just amazing. Mark, the owner and host is a full time firefighter and does this on his days off. He was knowledgeable and absolutely a blast. I feel like I made a friend. I ended up purchasing several bottles of whisky before I left and was really happy for the opportunity to learn about those that I ended up buying. I would highly recommend this tour with Mark if you have half a day to spend enjoying the city and some great whisky.  Slainte!

Comments

• VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @LouA !  I'm so glad you enjoyed your whisky tour.  Glasgow is an amazing city with a rich heritage and culture and many of the buildings are spectacular! I must ask....what was your favourite dram that you tried? :)
  • LouALouA Member ✭✭
    Ardberg was my favorite - I tend to like the smokier options. Also enjoyed Lagavulin. On the lighter side, I enjoyed a lovely Glengoyne.
  • YourScotlandTourYourScotlandTour Member ✭✭✭
    That sounds like good fun - got a link to details?
    Bespoke tours.
    Whisky, Castles and Food a speciality.
    yourscotlandtour.co.uk