Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

15 Scenic Short Walks for Wee Legs

It's summer holidays and there are sounds of "I'm bored" being heard all over Scotland. I sent this to my sister last week for her to use for her boys (9 & 6) and they have completed 2 so far and loved them. Thought it migt be of use to the community if you are looking for family friendly walks for wee ones.

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/active/walking/family-friendly-walks/

where else would you recommend for an adventure?

Comments

• VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Paula_Ward16 and welcome to the community!

This summer I have been keeping my children busy by exploring Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park.  Here are some fantastic child friendly walks within the Park that you might be interested in:
    • Balmaha Millenium Forest Trail - This short trail takes around 45 minutes, exploring the ancient oak woodlands on the eastern shore of Loch Lomond.  It's a fun trail for kids and there's a chance of spotting some red squirrels and lots of birdlife.
    • Balloch Castle Country Park - With two great playparks, picnic benches, lochside paths, parkland, meadows and woodland trails, the Country Park is a favourite  with my children.  With plenty of paths to follow you could easily spend half a day exploring the park.
    • Duncryne Hill - A small volcanic plug whith one of the most spectacular views of Loch Lomond. It's a short, but steep, 15 minute walk to the top.
    • The Lodge Forest Visitor Centre - located 1/2 mile outside the village of Aberfoyle in the Trossachs, The Lodge offers lots of family friendly activities and fun filled trails through the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park.
    For a more challenging walk, the Conic Hill and Ben A'an offer good footpaths with amazing views although some of the steps can be a little big for small legs.  :)

Also, the discussion about Short Walks to A BIG View also has some ideas great family friendly walks!