Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Is there a better view than from the top of Cairngorm mountain?

Well? Is there? Discuss and share!

Comments

• VisitScotlandMurielVisitScotlandMuriel Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @NeilC80
    Well, very interesting discussion indeed! It depends what you like! The Cairngorms are very nice and form a National Park so it's obviously an area of outstanding beauty but there are so many beautiful places in Scotland...
    The Queen (Victoria) obviously thought there was no better viewpoint than the one overlooking Loch Tummel in Perthshire - it's even named the Queen's View!!
    For me, my favorite viewpoint is overlooking Loch Maree from when you are coming from Kinlochewe. The drive through the glen before you arrive at the Loch is incredible - you can park your car and admire the view from there. When I did it the weather was great, sunshine and blue sky which obviously helps!!
    Another special place for me is Glen Lyon - it's not very touristy but attracts a lot of the great and the wealthy of both Edinburgh and Glasgow who have magnificient second homes in the area. If you love pheasants you will be spoiled!!
    Please let us know your favorite places and keep this discussion going!!  :D B)