Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Place to visit

Hi
I am looking for a coastal town/ village app 5hrs drive from Manchester with a nice beach/walks and maybe the possibility of a boat trip to one of the islands? Any recommends to look at would be great thanks .

Answers

• HorizonsHorizons VisitScotland Contributor ✭✭✭
    My vote is for Saltcoats, a nice sweeping beach, a classic Scottish coastal town and very close to Ardrossan Harbour, the gateway to the spectacular Isle of Arran. GoogleMaps suggests the driving time of 4 hr 15 min which barely satisfies your criteria.
    We're a globetrotting travel blogger couple. Find us on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 Week

See Scotland with us (including SkyeMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay)
  • VisitScotlandMarinaVisitScotlandMarina Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I would agree with @Horizons about coming to the Ayrshire coast - Ayr, Prestwick, Troon all have nice beaches and close enough to the ferry ports (Ardrossan & Largs) to take you across to Arran and Cumbrae  :)