Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines
and learn how to use the Community
. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.
Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?
Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.
Speciality food stores across Scotland
Food is a big part of our travels, we love to try the local cuisine out wherever we go. Since we now mostly live in AirBnbs or self-catering flats, we tend to buy local produce and cook ourselves if we have the time. This has led to culinary discoveries for us across Scotland which we listed out yesterday.
Full list with details: 9 speciality food items from across Scotland
Our list summarized :
- Hammond Charcuterie products – Edinburgh Farmers market
- MacLeod & MacLeod Black pudding – Stornoway
- Smoked cheese – Highland charcuterie, Sutherland
- Loch Harport Oysters – Carbost, Isle of Skye
- Orkney lamb – E Flett butchers, Stromness Orkney
- Laphroaig jam – Islay
- Smoked & fresh fish – Andy Race Fish Merchants, Mallaig
- Haggis – Isle of Arran butchers, Blackwaterfoot, Arran
- Tunnocks (dark chocolate) teacakes – Glasgow
I'd love to know your favourite local food item (can be from a butcher / fishmonger / farmer) from your Scotland experiences.
I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog
. Find me on Facebook
| InstagramBest of Scotland in 1 week
itinerary (fully by public transport)My Scotland travels
, Loch Lomond