Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

another road trip, from east to west-ish

I love the ideas that I've seen here, so am adding my "skeleton itinerary", to see if anyone can add more ideas!  We will have a rental car, and have all our hotels, so I'm looking for suggested routes, and things to do. We are starting in Pitlochry for 2 days, then drive to Isle of Skye, staying in the Dunvegan area for 2 days.  Then we drive down to Isle of Eriska for 3 days, then on to Edinburgh for one night before we fly out.  Thanks in advance!  I've seen the many hikes on the Walkhighlands website, but also looking for some cultural stuff or boat rides...Oh yes, we'll be there the beginning of Aug.

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Deanne , I live in Pitlochry and if I knew the dates that you are here I can maybe find some cultural event for you to go to. There is always something happening in Pitlochry.
    Dunvegan is a great place to base yourself on Skye. Dunvegan Castle is excellent and if you drive another 5 minutes past the castle you will come to a car park on the left where a path will take you to the coral beaches which is like being in the tropics somewhere. The 3 chimneys restaurant near Dunvegan is amazing. The Old School in Dunvegan has great food.
    Never been to the isle of eriska so maybe someone else can help you out there.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • DeanneDeanne Member
    Thanks fishypro!  I have tickets for the theatre one night (Aug. 7) which is the day we arrive, and we leave on the morning/afternoon of the 9th.  I was planning to do some walking during the day, some of the trails look pretty nice...Falls of Bruar?  Queens View area? 
    The coral beaches that you mentioned, sound terrific, thanks!  I have dinner reservations at 3 Chimneys!